PB's Never Break

Discuss troubleshooting and maintenance of the Kassbohrer family of snowcats here.

PB's Never Break

Postby cbender on 02 Dec 2008, 12:31

I guess that since there is no traffic here, PB's must never break. Glad to hear it as we just took delivery on a brand new (plastic on the seats) PB100 for our nordic trails. ;)
Curt Bender

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of acreage is forgotten"
cbender
Educator

Re: PB's Never Break

Postby Power Giant on 02 Dec 2008, 14:44

cbender wrote:I guess that since there is no traffic here, PB's must never break. Glad to hear it as we just took delivery on a brand new (plastic on the seats) PB100 for our nordic trails. ;)

Everything that goes roundy round and up and down will eventually break. Probably sooner than later...
Power Giant
Mountain/Resort Management

Postby nhmx271 on 03 Dec 2008, 06:37

Go to this site-plenty of busted over the snow lawn mower pics-lot of good pics too

http://www.trakkemaskin.no

:twisted:
Craig Racing-When In Doubt,Take'm Out
nhmx271
Manufacturer

Postby smurfvt on 03 Dec 2008, 20:51

That's an awesome sight! Thanx peter!
Grooming has its ups & downs: first you go up, then you go down, then you go up...
smurfvt
Operator

Postby cbender on 05 Dec 2008, 13:26

nhmx271 wrote:Go to this site-plenty of busted over the snow lawn mower pics-lot of good pics too

http://www.trakkemaskin.no

:twisted:

I absolutely love the pictures of the sinking/sunk snowcats. Of course, I would not have liked to be the operator. By the way, can't remember where I saw it, but there are some pisten bulleys with flotation tanks mounted on the side to combat this very situation. I think it was a lake side nordic resort in Switzerland that had a couple of cats go through the ice while grooming track. Now, when the ice opens up, the tanks float the cat while the track movement propels the vehicle to shore. 8-)
Curt Bender

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of acreage is forgotten"
cbender
Educator

Postby Snowhappy222 on 10 Mar 2009, 12:25

Oh they break, just ask around. Plenty of issues with new PB400.
Snowhappy222
Operator

Return to Kassbohrer/Pisten Bully Maintenance, Repair, and Troubleshooting