In which region Groomers are paid well/satisfied salary ?

In which region Groomers are paid well/satisfied salary ?

Postby vetvadi on 25 Dec 2012, 15:05

It seems all the collegues are differing in terms of salary scale all around the world ?

What are avarege groomer salary In North America ? and if you know in Alps or scandinavian countries?

In which region Groomers are paid well/satisfied ?

Any Groomer moved somewhere else around the world in pursuit of higher standarts and better salary?
vetvadi

Re: In which region Groomers are paid well/satisfied salary ?

Postby cbender on 31 Dec 2012, 12:01

Here in the states, groomer's salaries tend to range between 10 and 16 US dollars per hour. Rumor has it that pay for groomers is substantially higher in New Zealand.
Curt Bender

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of acreage is forgotten"
cbender
Educator

Postby Number4 on 01 Jan 2013, 20:04

Pay in Sweden is pretty good, 135 swedish kronorwhich is around 20 us dollars. thats for an experienced operator. I think in Norway the pay is even better. the pay in new zealand is about the same as in the states. I have heard australia pays very well, 25-35 australian dollars an hour.
Number4
Operator

Postby vetvadi on 09 Jan 2013, 14:28

Nice job but how do you earn money when you are out of season ?
vetvadi

Postby cbender on 11 Jan 2013, 09:43

vetvadi wrote:Nice job but how do you earn money when you are out of season ?

There are a variety of different answers to this one. Some operators (especially senior level) stay on at the ski area and operate heavy equipment or chain saws doing trail maintenance activities. Others will operate equipment for seasonal construction contractors while others move to summer resorts or find summer only jobs like working a fishing boat in Alaska or fly fish guiding. Some are also involved in agricultural related summer work. I myself am retired from my primary career so I just fish, golf, or hang out with the family!

What's your solution?
Curt Bender

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of acreage is forgotten"
cbender
Educator

Return to General Snowcat Discussion