bison joystick

Discuss troubleshooting and maintenance of Bombi, Camoplast, and Prinoth snowcats here.

bison joystick

Postby zeke on 28 Oct 2011, 22:04

Anyone had all bottons,speedpot,everything stop workining on joystick???? This cat is new to me & have limited info but the control card is under the console and not in the stick but all buttons,wireing etc are good leading to card & its in a prick of a place...all fuses,relays under PS seat are good...just wondering if theses control cards are a problem issu?
zeke

Re: bison joystick

Postby Tom400CFI on 03 Nov 2011, 08:40

I don't believe that I have ever seen everything on the stick fail at once. In the early days of the 350, the buttons were garbage, but have since improved dramatically. That your speed pot failed too, is odd. That should be totally independant of the button/hydraulic controls. I'd be interested to hear what you find.
Tom400CFI
Mountain/Resort Management

Postby Canadianbombar on 09 Nov 2011, 00:05

Hmmmmm...maybe what he left out might be the easy answer? Is EVERYTHING locked out...including the FNR's? If so...you've likely got a problem with a safety switch on one of the doors or the inversion switch under the FNR armrest?! If that's not it...I wouldn't rule out that playing into the problem..I've seen some weird stuff happen after the lock outs have been activated. Might need PR to come with their computer and reboot everything back to factory spec. I do know when the odd onr of these cat's have mysterious computer gremlins you can get rid of them for a while....but they always seem to come back....they're kinda like freightliners in that way.
Canadianbombar
Operator

Postby zeke on 02 Dec 2011, 23:39

Hay thankyou for your replies, guess i over looked a fuse hidden above a relay in the fuse box under the passenger seat for the hydraulics witch in turn shuts down comunication to the control card so all joystick functions are lost & speed pot stuck on 100%,can still drive and blade up/down & roll side to side will still work as thay are actuated directly from the valves under the stick! So i start looking for bad coils,wireing!!!!! and find the SEAT cicuit shares with the hydrualic circuit & sure enough the wires wher crushed under the seat from lowering & then causing the fuse to blow everytime thay arced out...Cats been good since but what! next??
zeke

Postby Canadianbombar on 24 Dec 2011, 00:15

Is that a brand new center operator Bison?!? Old Bison only had a storage box under the passenger seat. Assumed you were talking about a older one...
Canadianbombar
Operator

Postby zeke on 11 Jan 2012, 23:21

yip shes an 08 and guess now the display screen often freezes makeing it a long process to gain info,just lookinking into seeing if theres a glitch in the programing & maybe theres an update out there or otherwise maybe the built in memory battery in the vision computer is NFG but for now all fault alarms still work even if the screen is froze so ya stiil get the heads up if somethings going down....
zeke

Return to Bombardier/Camoplast/Prinoth Maintenance, Repair, and Troubleshooting