who's ready?

who's ready?

Postby smurfvt on 16 Nov 2008, 14:43

who's itchin' to crank up the tunes and start groomin'?
Grooming has its ups & downs: first you go up, then you go down, then you go up...
smurfvt
Operator

Re: who's ready?

Postby Power Giant on 17 Nov 2008, 15:18

It's like sixty degrees outside here.
Power Giant
Mountain/Resort Management

Postby mtgroomer on 20 Nov 2008, 17:29

First day in a cat,you got to love green snowmaking whales. Oh well ,i was out on the hill in a cat. :mrgreen:
mtgroomer
Operator

Postby cbender on 21 Nov 2008, 18:12

I definately have the itch. I took our BR400 out to doze a whale and move the Lenko up the hill and guess what? :? Yea thats right, the electrical feeding the brakes went bonkers, so now I have to go back to trying to be a mechanic again. :shock:
Curt Bender

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of acreage is forgotten"
cbender
Educator

Postby midwestsnopro on 23 Nov 2008, 22:31

Just finished up with opening weekend! What a rush and back into the season of waiting for the phone call in the middle of the night,

"my cat is bleeding red and the buzzers don't stop buzzin'! But hey boss it's all good, I made it back to the top of the hill before it stopped completely!"

Got a couple of cats on the hill without much problems, a little cleaning of the f-n-r's and calibration cleaned up the sticks on one and replaced the tiller motor seal and gearbox seals and we're back in business. Closed for this next week, so should be finishing up with cat 3 and 4 and will have the fleet back in form, take a break on thursday for some turkey and then let the season begin. Snowmaking temps are not great in the near forecast but have enough piles to make up 5 or 6 runs with 18 - 26 inches of base.
midwestsnopro
Mountain/Resort Management

Postby cbender on 01 Dec 2008, 13:09

We were trackpacking some trails last night at Copper with snow over the tracks (all natural) with winds up to 40mph and snow continuing coming down. Great first night back with the crew.
Curt Bender

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of acreage is forgotten"
cbender
Educator

Return to General Snowcat Discussion