PB request

Discuss troubleshooting and maintenance of the Kassbohrer family of snowcats here.

PB request

Postby towermonkey1 on 04 Dec 2009, 12:28

Can anyone help with a shop manual for a PB280D. I've asked our area reps for a copy and keep getting told that PB doesn't publish a service manual, which I find very hard to believe.
towermonkey1

Re: PB request

Postby admin on 04 Dec 2009, 14:29

I have a Service Manual/Troubleshooting Guide for a 200D and a 270D, but not 280D.

Is there a specific problem you're having, or are you just looking for a manual?
Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance
Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Postby towermonkey1 on 14 Dec 2009, 09:05

Hello Pat,
Sorry for the delay, but I have quite busy, I had the good fortune to draw a Michigan elk hunt permit this year, which unfortunately the period I was assigned to fell right in the middle of snow making and prep for opening. Had to take it though, in Michigan we are only eligible for this permit every 10 years.

We are a small area in Traverse City, MI. Since we are a Non-Profit organization, our Board of Directors/Executive Director are very, very tight with the purse strings, so anything we can get at a discount goes along ways. So If I can come across a book I will probably have to purchase it myself. The hill had the 280d before I came on board. PB was kind enough to send along an operators manual for a 240/260 model. And some schematics for a 260/330 model. But no service/shop/maintenace book. Things appear to be pretty close between the model, but I have noted some small differences, which may or may not casue me some headaches

Anyway the latest issue I'm having is the stinger occasionally fails to lift, I've figured the secondary lift is not operating correctly/intermettinly. Just gets kinda frustrating flying blind not having a whole lot of experinece with all this electrical wizardary, and would be great if the factory guideance was available to me, know what I mean?. I also had servo motors on the drive units acting up. Any help you can offer or point me towards would be awesome.

Thanks Pat

Andy Miller
Mt. Holiday
Traverse City, Mi
towermonkey1

Postby admin on 14 Dec 2009, 15:13

Hey Andy,

Congrats on the permit!

I scanned the auxiliary hydraulics section of the 200d service manual. Download it here: http://www.slopegroomer.com/docs/pb200dauxhyd.pdf

I hope that's helpful. You can zoom way in on the schematic so that you can read the text. I also included a handy flowchart at the end about troubleshooting rear lift issues.

Best of luck! I'll see what I can dig up about the servo motors as well.
Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance
Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Postby troutriver on 16 Dec 2009, 01:20

Call PB in Reno, Nevada and talk to Rod Elwell, Steve Rhodes, or Dave Waite in Technical Service. 775-857-5030.

They are super good and will help you with emails, schematics or whatever else you might need. Keep in mind the time change out there.
troutriver
Operator

Postby Jimski on 20 Dec 2009, 23:27

The Technical service department just released a bunch of info on the older machines (200D-280). contact your local service manager, or the tech service department mentioned above and they will get that to you. There are a bunch of schematics and stuff included on that. Good Luck!
Bleed Red.
Jimski
Manufacturer

Postby towermonkey1 on 01 Jan 2010, 13:31

Again sorry for the delay in answering. Thanks for the info guys. I will be calling PB Reno on Mon. also thanks to you Pat for the PDF/flow chart.

Andy
towermonkey1

Return to Kassbohrer/Pisten Bully Maintenance, Repair, and Troubleshooting