Member Introductions

Re: Member Introductions

Postby admin on 27 Aug 2009, 07:16

Micio wrote:Hey everybody! My name is Rob Willhoff. I just started the Ski Area Operations program at CMC in Leadville! I interested in all operations on the mountain but especially Grooming. This website seems to be an excellent source of info for someone in my situation, thanks to all that contribute!

Welcome, Rob!

Give Rauschke some shit for me! :wink:
Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance
Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Postby danmackvail1 on 21 Sep 2009, 16:34

Hello all, Im dan mack, 25, edwards co, and have been grooming at vail for the past 5 years. I was born in the valley and have skied probably 90% of my life. During those years I had many encounters with machines and became fascinated with them. Ever since forever...I wanted to run a cat. THis year will be my 6th year pushing snow hopefully it will be a great one.
danmackvail1

Postby admin on 21 Sep 2009, 20:22

danmackvail1 wrote:Hello all, Im dan mack, 25, edwards co, and have been grooming at vail for the past 5 years. I was born in the valley and have skied probably 90% of my life. During those years I had many encounters with machines and became fascinated with them. Ever since forever...I wanted to run a cat. THis year will be my 6th year pushing snow hopefully it will be a great one.

Awesome! Welcome to the board!
Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Postby samjackson on 08 Oct 2009, 12:05

Hello my name is Scott Jackson, I recently completed the ski area management program at Gogebic Community College and now I am currently attending Northern Michigan University. I first started in lift maintenance at Yellowstone club and then moved back to the Midwest. I groom for Indian head Mtn. in the U.P. and work on lifts in the summer at Afton Alps just outside of the Twin Cities. This will be my third in a cat. Hey, I'm glad I found this site. Nice job to the one who started it.
samjackson

Postby admin on 08 Oct 2009, 19:35

samjackson wrote:Hello my name is Scott Jackson, I recently completed the ski area management program at Gogebic Community College and now I am currently attending Northern Michigan University. I first started in lift maintenance at Yellowstone club and then moved back to the Midwest. I groom for Indian head Mtn. in the U.P. and work on lifts in the summer at Afton Alps just outside of the Twin Cities. This will be my third in a cat. Hey, I'm glad I found this site. Nice job to the one who started it.

Thanks, and welcome to the board! :D
Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Postby cj@royal on 24 Oct 2009, 19:25

Hi all, I'm Joe Mulyca. Started grooming in a 342 tucker in 1975 .We have it easy now,we can hear the radio.I've worked in the industry for 34 years in the northeast. Grooming,lift maintance and snow making . Orange,yellow or red ,just different flavors .Red is my favorite now.Royal is a one cat mountain(300 polar) with a mix of fan guns ( Hedco,Areco and SMI ).plenty to keep me from getting bored. Great site for sharing info. Thanks.
cj@royal

Postby admin on 24 Oct 2009, 20:29

Welcome, Joe! Good to have you on board.
Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Postby skitheeast on 21 Nov 2009, 20:38

Hey! This site will be a great resource for cat info, Thanks Patrick! My name is Isaac and have been in the industry for a little while. Looking forward to a great season. Good Luck to all and Keep those tracks turnin'
skitheeast

Postby Number4 on 25 Nov 2009, 14:18

Hey there,
My name is John Horan and I have been operating cats for 10 seasons. I attended Gogebic community college from 2004-2005 and have been operating cats ever since. I did my internship at Park City mountain resort. Upon completion of my internship I worked at The Remarkables ski area in Queenstown New Zealand as a snowmaker and cat operator. I worked at park city for 2 seasons and the remarkables for 3. After my second season at Park City i decided to move to Big Sky montana to get away from the crowds of PC. I worked at Big Sky Resort for 3 seasons as a Snowmaking supervisor and graveyard shift supervisor. This past summer I worked at Porters ski area in canterbury new zealand, where I was the lone cat operator.
I have operated PB300W, PB 300 park bully, PB600, PB 240d, PB 260d, BR350 sherpa winch, BR275 tower winch, BR 350, BR 275 mp plus, and the old tucker at mt zion.
I followed the winter for 3 years and then decided i wanted a summer, but about half way through the summer I was regretting my decision. So this past year I decided to go to New Zealand again, and have the endless winter. I am heading to Grand Targhee after thanksgiving in hopes of backcountry pow and a relaxed place to live.

Hope you all have a good season this year.
Number4
Operator

Postby cannon405 on 12 Dec 2009, 19:49

Hi all
New guy here - my name is Wayne Natti from Franconia NH. I work in the golf business in the summer (GM/PGA Professional at the Profile Club Inc) and groom at Cannon Mt in the winter. I'm 56 yrs old and have been at Cannon since 1975. I am old school enough that I have pulled mountain rollers (wooden slats) behind a tucker, mogul planers etc etc then thiokol sprytes , trackmasters, hydromasters LMC 3700C and on and on as the technology got better. Used to love what powdermakers would do when conditions were right.Nowadays I spend most of my winters in a 350 winching - I do free groom some (usually with the winch cat) but usually hook up somewhere almost every night - we have some pretty good steep stuff at Cannon (first World Cup downhill in North America 1967 Killy won) and Bode grew up blasting this place.
I think this web site /forum is good - its tough to find time to just throw out ideas with your peers in person so I look forward to learning alot from following these discussions.
Have a safe and fun season
Wayne - cannon405
cannon405

PreviousNext

Return to General Snowcat Discussion