Member Introductions

Member Introductions

Postby admin on 23 Oct 2008, 23:36

Hi all,

Use this thread to introduce yourselves.

My name is Patrick Torsell. I am a Ski Area Operations student at Colorado Mountain College in Leadville, CO. I am in my third of four semesters, and will head home to Sugarbush, Vermont in November to complete a cooperative work experience as a groomer at Mt. Ellen.

I started this board after class today. I was in Snow Vehicle Maintenance, and we were talking about troubleshooting resources. My professor, Curt Bender, mentioned that with today's advances in technology, an online community and resource would be valuable. I did some research, and could not find a reasonable group dedicated solely to snowcat operations and maintenance, so I decided to spearhead the project.

Here we are, a mere 9 hours after the conception of the idea!

I have been involved with IT work for some time, and also founded and operate www.mogulskiing.net, and www.sugarbushhistory.com. Fortunately, I quit working in the IT business a couple years ago and decided to move on to something a little more fun!

I intend to make my career in the ski industry. I am a fanatic mogul skier, and have a great passion for everything about the sport and the industry.

Feel free to contact me at admin@slopegroomer.com if you have any ideas or suggestions for the forum.

WELCOME!
Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance
Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Re: Member Introductions

Postby nhmx271 on 28 Oct 2008, 17:50

Will each member be able to set up their own page? Whats your my space, for me go to www.myspace.com/craig_racing271. snowcats pay for my mx
Craig Racing-When In Doubt,Take'm Out
nhmx271
Manufacturer

Postby admin on 28 Oct 2008, 19:07

If you click on a user's username, you can see his profile. This profile can be modified and added to by going to your "User Control Panel" (button at top left).
Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance
Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Postby Power Giant on 29 Oct 2008, 11:41

Started in the industry in 1986, started wrenching on snow cats in 1987. Became supervisor in 1992, Went to
management in 1998. Located in the inland Pacific Northwest/ Northern U.S. Rockies, (Idaho). First love: Extreme 4x4ing. Favorite saying, "Just because a guy has a degree in mechanical engineering, doesn't mean he knows how to build something."
Power Giant
Mountain/Resort Management

Postby smurfvt on 29 Oct 2008, 17:28

Hi there,
This will be my 13th year running cats. I actually 1st drove a cat when I was ten years old. I am now running a br350 sherpa at mt. ellen and look forward to keeping patrick out of trouble this winter and teaching him the zen mastery of grooming!
Grooming has its ups & downs: first you go up, then you go down, then you go up...
smurfvt
Operator

Postby Glenn on 30 Oct 2008, 06:34

I'm just a guy who likes to ski and is fascinated with mechanical things....especially mechanical things with internal combustion engines. :D
Glenn

Postby cbender on 03 Nov 2008, 17:57

Hello all! This is Curt Bender, the professor who got Patrick nudged toward starting this board. I began in the industry in 1977 at Taos Ski Valley operating cats, building trails, and fixing broken things. I've taught at CMC in the ski ops program for the last 28 years and am getting ready to retire. I run cats part of the year at Copper Mountain and hope that they will have me for a few years full-time.

Also, my blog on the Ski Ops program is http://www.cmcskiops.blogspot.com 8-)
Curt Bender

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of acreage is forgotten"
cbender
Educator

Postby bvibert on 05 Nov 2008, 18:37

Hi, I'm Brian. I'm a skier who likes big machines like groomers.
bvibert

Postby mtgroomer on 10 Nov 2008, 08:06

Hi my name is Todd i an the Grooming Manager here at attitash,I have been grooming for 26 years. We run 8cats Bison,sherpa winch,BR275 winch,4 350s,and are getting a PB 400 this fall .I think this is a site is a great idea thank you Patrick.
mtgroomer
Operator

Postby BrettD305 on 14 Nov 2008, 17:52

Whats up, my name is Brett I work at Mt. Shasta Ski Park in far-northern California. Im a snowcat mechanic for almost 5 years. I enjoy working on and opporating snowcats, and the ski industry in general. I grew up in Leadville CO where I also took some courses at CMC.
BrettD305
Mechanic

Next

Return to General Snowcat Discussion