Prinoth BR350 high pressure disconnect caps

Discuss troubleshooting and maintenance of Bombi, Camoplast, and Prinoth snowcats here.

Prinoth BR350 high pressure disconnect caps

Postby Power Giant on 29 Oct 2008, 18:20

I noticed something first hand the other day that I had never seen before. You know those black plastic caps that cover the tiller high pressure quick disconnect fittings on the rear lift frame of a BR350? I mean the things that you're supposed to use when there is no tiller on the machine. We always use them, but if they don't have a good seal or there is a hole, even a pinhole, water will accumulate inside the hose. We recently did a drive pump overhaul and noticed that a tiller pump high pressure hose was basically full of water. All I could find in the cap was a pinhole sized hole. The service rep. said he had seen this before. Needless to say, I inspected the entire fleet for pinholes in the caps. Alot of them looked kind of torn up, but no more holes in them. I never realized what a hard life those caps led!
Power Giant
Mountain/Resort Management

Re: Prinoth BR350 high pressure disconnect caps

Postby midwestsnopro on 01 Nov 2008, 19:47

Did you have water inside the tiller drive hose or just inside the fitting coupling? When we hook up the drive hoses, I have the operators always spray out the fittings with a brake clean everytime. We run a HPG17 on a MP Plus and had problems with water getting inside the pump and causing damage rapidly to our pump due to hooking up between the tiller and hpg and the operator was poor at making sure the couplers were clean and ice and water free.
midwestsnopro

Re: Prinoth BR350 high pressure disconnect caps

Postby Power Giant on 03 Nov 2008, 13:34

midwestsnopro wrote:Did you have water inside the tiller drive hose or just inside the fitting coupling? When we hook up the drive hoses, I have the operators always spray out the fittings with a brake clean everytime. We run a HPG17 on a MP Plus and had problems with water getting inside the pump and causing damage rapidly to our pump due to hooking up between the tiller and hpg and the operator was poor at making sure the couplers were clean and ice and water free.

The actual hose itself was full of water, all the way the tiller pump, which was the lowest point.
Power Giant

Return to Bombardier/Camoplast/Prinoth Maintenance, Repair, and Troubleshooting