BR350 door latch...

Discuss troubleshooting and maintenance of Bombi, Camoplast, and Prinoth snowcats here.

BR350 door latch...

Postby admin on 23 Feb 2009, 00:28

Just wanted to share with you all that our BR350 was off the hill for two shifts because the door wouldn't latch. Went through all the adjustments, took it all apart, put it back together. The solution? Bungee strap.

Now, I'd just like to point out that none of our PB's have EVER been off the hill because we couldn't keep the door shut! :lol:

:wink:

Aside from that, she's running okay. Much better without the winch, in my opinion. She still has some phantom ATF leaks, and the occasional quirk. But not too bad. Just need a big can of red paint..........

Actually, I'll admit that I really like running that machine. I prefer the PB 400 at this point, but I like the BR 350 better than our older Bullies for normal grooming operations. If only the door would latch :wink:
Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance
Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Re: BR350 door latch...

Postby tuckermtn on 23 Feb 2009, 18:37

we also have problems getting the doors to close on our BR350's - most of the time the solution is pulling up on the handle just above the latch and we are good to go...never had down time b/c of it- just a nuisace...
tuckermtn
Operator

Postby WINCHCAT on 01 Mar 2009, 20:47

haha same here we couldnt slam it. but are doors are riged so we can drive the with the door opend (i guss its not the best the to do) but at times it SOOO scechy that we need to
a true groomer run with the yellow
WINCHCAT
Operator

Postby Rchristian on 02 Mar 2009, 20:36

You guys have doors? We like the fresh air.
Rchristian
Mountain/Resort Management

Postby cbender on 18 Mar 2009, 17:07

WINCHCAT wrote:haha same here we couldnt slam it. but are doors are riged so we can drive the with the door opend (i guss its not the best the to do) but at times it SOOO scechy that we need to

Hey Winchcat, be very careful about running machines with the door safety rigged. That was contributory in the tragic death of an operator at a Colorado resort in 2007. :(
Curt Bender

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of acreage is forgotten"
cbender
Educator

Postby Canadianbombar on 30 May 2009, 00:33

Patrick Torsell wrote:Just wanted to share with you all that our BR350 was off the hill for two shifts because the door wouldn't latch. Went through all the adjustments, took it all apart, put it back together. The solution? Bungee strap.

I've operated a 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2007 BR 350's and every last one of them has had door latch problems. It IS fixable if you take it apart...not sure what they do to fix them but some mechs have better luck fixing them than others. My passenger door went for a crap this winter and had to take the long way home using trails that would use gravity to keep it shut so I didn't eat the windsheild by tripping the safety..lol
Canadianbombar
Operator

Postby ward-o on 21 Jan 2016, 22:29

yup, ten yrs later and i'm still fixing these weak spots.the latch has to be replaced. door shim kits for the hinges help, but mostly its the crappy design of the door latch POST where it attaches. Fiberglass is just Too Thin. needs a steel plate molded into the cabs there :(
ward-o

Postby PB400Fan on 31 Jan 2016, 17:58

I've seen doors in 350s have to be bungied/tied as well, pretty sad when you have to down a cat over something as small and petty as a door latch.... sounds like the solution to your problem is to just get a 400 :P
PB400Fan

Postby admin on 31 Jan 2016, 17:59

PB400Fan wrote:I've seen doors in 350s have to be bungied/tied as well, pretty sad when you have to down a cat over something as small and petty as a door latch.... sounds like the solution to your problem is to just get a 400 :P

We did...........

And we're very happy!

The old 350 is still in the fleet, and still troublesome. Weak right pump/motor now. But it's still a frontline rig, so we need to keep her purring one way or another!
Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance
Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Return to Bombardier/Camoplast/Prinoth Maintenance, Repair, and Troubleshooting