Bombardier MP microprocessor

Discuss troubleshooting and maintenance of Bombi, Camoplast, and Prinoth snowcats here.

Bombardier MP microprocessor

Postby Rchristian on 19 Jan 2012, 08:49

Anyone have a spare microprocessor to loan or sell. I am having a continuing issue and suspect a computer issue. Don't want to pull the trigger and purchase a new/refurb unit just yet but I am willing to try a used unit for diagnostic purposes. We have already gone the wiring rout, FNR,PCP,EDC, harness... but still having problems. Sets an EDC fault after running a while, clear codes and gets better however still shows up. Any thoughts?
Rchristian
Mountain/Resort Management

Re: Bombardier MP microprocessor

Postby Canadianbombar on 19 Jan 2012, 10:53

You could try these guys : http://www.plannord.com/en/index.aspx They have a large rental fleet of MP's and might have a used processor or be willing to send you one to try for a a fee. Same deal with : http://www.snoinnovation.com/fr/contact.shtml . They're the 2 big Canadian suppliers of new and used BR parts (other than Prinoth themselves).
Canadianbombar
Operator

Postby Rchristian on 19 Jan 2012, 12:26

Canadianbombar wrote:You could try these guys : http://www.plannord.com/en/index.aspx They have a large rental fleet of MP's and might have a used processor or be willing to send you one to try for a a fee. Same deal with : http://www.snoinnovation.com/fr/contact.shtml . They're the 2 big Canadian suppliers of new and used BR parts (other than Prinoth themselves).

I appreciate it, will give them a jingle.
Rchristian

Postby Canadianbombar on 20 Jan 2012, 17:49

Any luck with Les Francois?
Canadianbombar
Operator

Postby Rchristian on 23 Jan 2012, 14:02

Canadianbombar wrote:Any luck with Les Francois?

My French is a little rusty but I am working on it.
Rchristian

Postby troutriver on 24 Jan 2012, 21:42

I have a processor. Its used, tested at Prinoth and updated to the latest software available when the BR275 went out of production. I also have an entire armrest setup with both FNR's, and the 12/24 volt converter used on that machine. Let me know if I can help.
troutriver
Operator

Postby buffaduck on 27 Feb 2013, 09:16

do you still have the armrest and fnrs?
buffaduck

Postby ward-o on 10 May 2015, 21:27

been a long time but, Are you sure it wasn't a edc? sometimes they have to get warm and used for awhile before the coils start messing up. they have a spare coil in the edc if it's a br-275,you just can swap wires a to c and b to d. if it's a 350 it's the entire control unit, since they use both coils, one for fwd, one for rev.
usually they just need to be re-centered and then re-calibrate the FNR's again too. Edc's are way cheaper than an MP and can get thrown out of adjustment just by a big bump or impact to the vehicle.unless you see a error #### code on the screen the MP is usually OK.
ward-o

Postby ward-o on 10 May 2015, 21:49

I should mention , we have had a few MP's that the pins have been bent on bottom of unit by harness plugs being removed until they were touching together 2 pins in the same hole in plug. every time we turned on the siren rocker switch the tiller would spin at 3/4 speed, even up in the air? the tiller speed pot had no effect to slow it even? i know right, they aren't even related systems on the schematic anywhere , so use extra caution hooking and unhooking the harness plugs, took 3 long shifts and then help from a prinoth factory tech, to find that one. :o
ward-o

Return to Bombardier/Camoplast/Prinoth Maintenance, Repair, and Troubleshooting