BR350 Intermittent Problem: 100% Load, runs terrible

Discuss troubleshooting and maintenance of Bombi, Camoplast, and Prinoth snowcats here.

BR350 Intermittent Problem: 100% Load, runs terrible

Postby admin on 07 Feb 2015, 18:26

Patient: 2005 Prinoth BR350

Symptoms: Intermittently, load reading will jump to 100% (bouncing around 90-100), even with brake set under no actual load. It will begin to miss, and sounds horrific. Showing NO codes.

Occurrence: Usually happens within 5 minutes of starting work. Sometimes, it starts at startup, and won't even make it out of the shop yard.

Corrections: Often, a simple restart corrects the problem. Sometimes it requires several restarts, or a 10-minute wait before restart.

What's Been Done: New injector harness, one new injector (was throwing code before), new HEUI pump

Any ideas?
Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance
Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Re: BR350 Intermittent Problem: 100% Load, runs terrible

Postby Canadianbombar on 25 Feb 2015, 23:46

Buy one 10 years newer?? :D

What's new and groovy otherwise Patrick?

I assume you've run an entire tank of fuel thru it and then some? Have you checked to make sure the fuel line isn't pinched anywhere? Replace the fuel filter? Sounds like a fuel problem of some sort to me to be ruled out first...beyond that...60% of the problems with BR's end up being something messed up in the microprocessor. It's the same way with John Deere's. You've been doing this &%$# even longer than me so I'm sure I'm not telling you anything.

We have SO much snow here....haven't seen this much since I was like 8. We had NOTHING on the ground Jan 24'th....now I've got snow stacked 15 feet high and 75 feet deep at my trailer dealership right where I want to do construction in the spring...and everywhere else I can find to put it. It's been a snowy month to say the least! I heard it was pretty warm out there? I saw the WC at Vail/Creek on TV the weekend before last and they were saying it was 50 something? Coastal BC resorts are all completely screwed....not a drop of snow left. How is it where you're at?
Canadianbombar
Operator

Postby PB400Fan on 24 Mar 2015, 20:33

Canadianbombar wrote:Buy one 10 years newer?? :D

and one that has a Cummins. The Cummins don't seem to have the issues the Cats do and run so much smoother!
PB400Fan

Postby admin on 25 Mar 2015, 14:28

Seem to have tracked it down to timing sensors. But still happens occasionally. Weird.

Time for new cats.
Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance
Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Postby ward-o on 10 May 2015, 18:12

since you already own it , here's some things you can try before tossing in the towel. for starters 15w-40 doesn't cut it in the cat motors anymore. you need to run a LE or low emission 10w-30 or 40. its additives help keep the injectors cleaner, also change it on time, it gets really thick at about 300 hrs . we ended up having to do all 6 injectors . in the cat tier 3 to make the air cleaner they made the oil dirtier so soot goes in the engine oil . the same oil which is used to snap the injectors open,that's also why they start harder, gotta build enough pressure to pop em open. soot is as hard as a ruby on the hardness scale n wears out the components along with age of the return springs and number of hot /cold cycles. most honest cat guys will tell ya buy new injectors every +/- 4500 hrs. do as a set,i know it's expensive, write down all s/n on top of new ones and in which cylinder they went and then have cat "flash" them into the ecm.(takes their software and laptop, not worth it to buy) before any of that check your ecm harness plug pins , i know it's a b--ch to get to em,but if water got in, then check for corrosion and pitting on the male pins caused by water and electrolysis. use a LPS-3 type coating, not diaelectric,it causes the silicone o'rings to get soft n swell up. I bet it'll be other injector's tho.
ward-o

Return to Bombardier/Camoplast/Prinoth Maintenance, Repair, and Troubleshooting