R & D, for u & me

R & D, for u & me

Postby ward-o on 19 Jul 2014, 22:21

What would you guys like to see added to your future groomers?(I know, I know, but a beer cooler still isn't as good as mother natures' bounty at getting those suds cold enough)So...
With the electric gen-set hybrids coming on scene, do you think they may add "heated combs" to the tiller? OR How about some sort of affordable built in night vision? or a dump box maybe?
whats on your wish-list?
ward-o

Re: R & D, for u & me

Postby admin on 23 Jul 2014, 11:22

Moved to General discussion... should get more views here!

Not sure about heated combs............ spinning the tiller already heats the snow up enough that adding another melting/refreezing catalyst would only continue to harden the surface.

Night vision might come in handy, especially if you lose your lights!
Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance
Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Postby PB400Fan on 02 Nov 2014, 19:43

I want the sound system that PB has in their new Park Pros in EVERY cat
PB400Fan

Postby smurfvt on 08 Nov 2014, 06:36

Heated cup holder! Built in keurig machine. Sleeper cab!
Grooming has its ups & downs: first you go up, then you go down, then you go up...
smurfvt
Operator

Postby admin on 08 Nov 2014, 10:02

smurfvt wrote:Heated cup holder! Built in keurig machine. Sleeper cab!

Always full of good ideas, Smurf! Hope you're getting some snow up there!

I'd love to see a cat with a Detroit Diesel 24v71. Don't suspect it would fit in many budgets very well, though. And I suppose 3,500hp is a little overkill. But still........
Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Postby snowizard1 on 09 Nov 2014, 15:07

Front and Rear implement changes are needed. Mechanical implements would be nice. Something that aerates the snow other than over compacting the snow. Cabs are about a nice as you can get. If you have ever groomed with a Tucker or a Packmaster you would understand how nice the cabs are now. Possible try foot pedal steering controls. Grooming machines have come a long ways and are very nice for older vets to stay in the seats. Headed for my 36th year of grooming this season.
Started grooming 1978
1st Snowcats to operate Thiokol 2100 Packmaster/Tucker
Fav Snowcat PB 320
Still doing it.
snowizard1
Operator

Postby cbender on 20 Nov 2014, 22:10

Snowizard1, can you imagine if you could quickly Change your power tiller to the front for doing accurate lift and terrain park ramps?
Curt Bender

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of acreage is forgotten"
cbender
Educator

Postby snowizard1 on 21 Nov 2014, 17:50

cbender wrote:Snowizard1, can you imagine if you could quickly Change your power tiller to the front for doing accurate lift and terrain park ramps?

Yes many times when doing ramps and parks. I do agree for a quicker change system for attaching implements. Would like to see more aggressive tiller or a grinder type implement on the front to aerate the snow. Some thing like the renovator or mountain tillers do but with one tractor. I believe the industry has become to stagnate with the blade and power tillers, yes they do have their place and time like most implements. but all of the mechanically implements were sent to the grave yard. Could mechanically implements still be used today for sure, but the creativity is gone to keep improving implements due to the dependence of the power tiller and corduroy surface.
Started grooming 1978
1st Snowcats to operate Thiokol 2100 Packmaster/Tucker
Fav Snowcat PB 320
Still doing it.
snowizard1
Operator

Postby admin on 22 Nov 2014, 00:29

snowizard1 wrote:
cbender wrote:Snowizard1, can you imagine if you could quickly Change your power tiller to the front for doing accurate lift and terrain park ramps?

Yes many times when doing ramps and parks. I do agree for a quicker change system for attaching implements. Would like to see more aggressive tiller or a grinder type implement on the front to aerate the snow. Some thing like the renovator or mountain tillers do but with one tractor. I believe the industry has become to stagnate with the blade and power tillers, yes they do have their place and time like most implements. but all of the mechanically implements were sent to the grave yard. Could mechanically implements still be used today for sure, but the creativity is gone to keep improving implements due to the dependence of the power tiller and corduroy surface.

QFT

+1
Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Postby PB400Fan on 23 Nov 2014, 18:11

A front mount tiller would be cool, especially if it could go on something the size of a PB100. That would get rid of a lot of the frustrations of doing lift ramps/mazes.... The frustrations we have in doing them and the overall lousy design of the load/unload areas of lifts, many of them are simply not designed with todays machines in mind, even a tiller you could put on the front of a BR 350/Bison or PB 400 wouldn't solve a lot of the issues we have because on many of the lifts, you can't get a 350 or 400 all the way in/up to push and till them correctly!
PB400Fan

Next

Return to General Snowcat Discussion