Lots of little problems...

Discuss troubleshooting and maintenance of Bombi, Camoplast, and Prinoth snowcats here.

Lots of little problems...

Postby admin on 02 Mar 2009, 12:35

Has anybody else noticed that the BR350s seem to be plagued with a lot of little problems? I don't want to bad-mouth the machine too much, because I really like running that cat. But we always seem to have some little problem. I mentioned the door latch, for example. And the tiller flaps (elephant ears) have intermittent issues... sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. The buttons on the joystick seem to have a short cycle life. Like the other night, the blade curl and swing functions quit working early in the shift. I think they just replaced a switch and did some electronics testing. But still, these little things all add up to a lot of maintenance cost, and quite a bit of downtime over the course of a season. We still have some mystery leaks... find some ATF in the snow, but after two mechanics go over the whole machine, they can't find a leak.

I realize all cats have little issues from time to time, but we don't seem to have the same kind of annoying troubles with our bullies. And the BR350 is the second newest machine in the fleet. Anyone else have this same experience?
Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance
Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Re: Lots of little problems...

Postby Rchristian on 02 Mar 2009, 20:32

Patrick, Please don't bully us with that bad talk about the 350's (get it...Bully us!!!LOL) Just kidding. Actually, we have always had a few problems from time to time, keeps the guys in the shop hopping, but nothing crazy. We have had a few joystick issues but all in all pretty reliable. We are working through a few issues about loosing hyd fluid during the shift and are working through them. One thing we found out was how critical the splitter box oil was on our winch. Dosen't have much in capacity like the MP's and real important to keep the level and oil integrity in check. We actually bumped the splitter box lube change interval up a notch to 250 hours regardless of condition. We see it as cheap insurance. Bob
Rchristian
Mountain/Resort Management

Return to Bombardier/Camoplast/Prinoth Maintenance, Repair, and Troubleshooting