Bison X O-Rings

Discuss troubleshooting and maintenance of Bombi, Camoplast, and Prinoth snowcats here.

Bison X O-Rings

Postby Rchristian on 04 Jan 2009, 21:32

Hey guys, whats the deal with these o-rings today? We have had quite a few o-ring related failures on our new Bison. Just had one fail last night on our push frame between the valve blocks. Not a real hard fix but we lost half a night groomng with this machine. Any input?
Rchristian
Mountain/Resort Management

Re: Bison X O-Rings

Postby house on 09 Jan 2009, 10:39

Yes the o-rings seem a little skimpy. After several failures it was determined that all blocks and fittings would be checked for tightness. We found many that were not tight and have not had a failure since. Also we have found some hoses that were not properly clocked and after a premature failure on right drive pump hose, where the hose was rubbing on the corner of the pump. Easy to loosen and reposition. I guess it depends if your cat was assembled on a Monday or a Friday.
house

Re: Bison X O-Rings

Postby Rchristian on 10 Jan 2009, 20:04

Hey House, Thanks for the input. I find it humurous that a told the guys in my shop our machine was probably built on a friday. Guess we are on the same page. After the failure I went around and tightened up all the blocks and we havn't had any problems since. Stay warm, Bob
Rchristian

Return to Bombardier/Camoplast/Prinoth Maintenance, Repair, and Troubleshooting