PB Edge Cab/deck Tilt

Discuss troubleshooting and maintenance of the Kassbohrer family of snowcats here.

PB Edge Cab/deck Tilt

Postby GSF on 04 Feb 2014, 20:02

Hi Folks;

I'm filling in for a friend doing some grooming, been a while since I've been on the machine, and I cant remember how theCab/Deck lift process to service the engine/ hydraulic tank area work. Manual is in German....
Much appreciate a quick refresher. Thx
GSF

Re: PB Edge Cab/deck Tilt

Postby admin on 04 Feb 2014, 23:09

Okay, let's see if I can remember this without looking at it:

1. Machine must be running, parking brake set, rear implement (tiller, presumably) in the lowered position (i.e. on the ground), and hold-down bolts should be removed from the bed.
2. On the driver's side of the doghouse, near the coolant reservoir, there should be a selector lever to choose to raise or lower (it should have little pictures...). Push the lever toward the up arrow.
3. Both valves (the big levers) should be pointing out toward you, IIRC, to raise the bed. To raise the cab, I think it's one in and one out, but I don't recall. You'll have to experiment.
4. Press the little black plunger to engage the hydraulic lift.
5. To lower everything, just switch the selector toward the downward arrow, and press the plunger.

I may have forgotten something............. but that should at least help refresh your memory.
Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance
Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Re: PB Edge Cab/deck Tilt

Postby Canadianbombar on 17 Feb 2014, 17:11

Some of them are actually cranked up by a jack handle Patrick. All the same procedures....except insert the jack arm into the receiver at the same location as the valves. I had a genius working for me who missed the lower the tiller part of your instructions and sheared off a couple tiller hoses at the fitting one year...great times..lol.
Canadianbombar
Operator

Return to Kassbohrer/Pisten Bully Maintenance, Repair, and Troubleshooting