Maybe I need professional help...

Discuss alpine piste grooming here.

Maybe I need professional help...

Postby admin on 25 Sep 2009, 11:20

I think I should see a psychiatrist or something. Last night I had a dream that I was up on Mt. Ellen in a cat... it was early season. But everything was reversed... the sticks were on the right, and the blade controls on the left. I was totally at a loss to get anything done because my brain is 100% trained for sticks on the left, blade on the right. But what was worse: the left stick was missing the little ball on top, so the right stick was normal, and the left was just a little steel rod :lol: I should probably think about getting a life, or at least some professional mental help...
Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance
Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Re: Maybe I need professional help...

Postby Canadianbombar on 25 Sep 2009, 19:50

Patrick Torsell wrote:I think I should see a psychiatrist or something. Last night I had a dream that I was up on Mt. Ellen in a cat... it was early season. But everything was reversed... the sticks were on the right, and the blade controls on the left. I was totally at a loss to get anything done because my brain is 100% trained for sticks on the left, blade on the right. But what was worse: the left stick was missing the little ball on top, so the right stick was normal, and the left was just a little steel rod :lol: I should probably think about getting a life, or at least some professional mental help...

Try running an excavator with the ops reveresed to how you normally run one.....almost impossible..lol
Canadianbombar
Operator

Re: Maybe I need professional help...

Postby Cletus on 24 Oct 2009, 16:04

I dream about grooming quite a bit, more than any job i've ever had. some are good dreams, others are anxiety/frustration dreams like the one you describe where something is working right. guess pushing snow around gets embedded pretty deep in our psyches.
Cletus
Operator

Return to Alpine Grooming Operations