Pipe Cutters?, Zaugg or HPG etc.

Discuss Terrain/Fun Park snowcat operations here.

Re: Pipe Cutters?, Zaugg or HPG etc.

Postby joshski on 11 Mar 2009, 22:31

I didn't call anyone stupid. I agree that the skill level of an operator plays an enormous role in making a straight cut. Aall I was saying is a machine equipped with a steering wheel goes straight when you don't touch the wheel and makes a straight pass easier no matter what the skill level of the operator might be...
Josh Nelson
PistenBully New England
joshski
Manufacturer

Postby admin on 12 Mar 2009, 09:01

joshski wrote:Aall I was saying is a machine equipped with a steering wheel goes straight when you don't touch the wheel

Well, that assumes that the electronics are all in perfect working order, and perfectly calibrated, and that your tiller is actually centered when you center it, and that your blade is in the air. That's only applicable in perfect snow conditions on a flat trail with a new machine.

I don't dislike the yoke, per se, but I would never choose a wheel over sticks for anything.
Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance
Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Postby BisonXman on 02 Feb 2011, 06:49

Used a Zaugg once not long enough to gain any real skill. My home mountain Mountain High Ski Resort in So. Cal uses a HPG attached to a Br275 as our new bisons are just to much for our poor little cutter to handle sadly were not a big pipe mountain but we are currently in the constuction of a modified HPG for hips
BisonXman

Postby Canadianbombar on 20 Feb 2011, 22:51

Yeah...those wheels are great in a full on toboggan....nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!
Canadianbombar
Operator

Postby Canadianbombar on 20 Feb 2011, 22:54

P.S. A winch cat is the proper way to cut a pipe straight. This hand's off wheel cat foolishness is simply...well....foolishness!!
Canadianbombar
Operator

Postby butnutjibber on 06 Apr 2011, 17:45

Ok, so how flexible is the zaugg? could 1 adjust to cut hip landings? i.e. mellow out the radius or is that fixed?
butnutjibber

Previous

Return to Terrain Park Operations