range of motion modifications

Discuss Terrain/Fun Park snowcat operations here.

range of motion modifications

Postby butnutjibber on 06 Apr 2011, 17:51

Looking to modify blade and tiller range of motion on a '94 br 275. Any one have experience tips or tricks? also looking for a set of forks for the quick detach.
butnutjibber

Re: range of motion modifications

Postby Canadianbombar on 19 Apr 2011, 16:33

Did they even have 275's in 94? I had a 96 BR 400 so it makes me question the year? You'ld obviously need longer rams etc...not sure if you wouldn't be better off selling it and getting the cat you need though...could get expensive and the cat itself has already flatlined value wise.
Canadianbombar
Operator

Postby mtnventures31 on 25 Apr 2011, 13:15

Modifying the cat may be more expensive than just finding another Cat set up for the park but if you are determined to modify your existing machine which I understand. You first will have to extend the mount so that when you do add a longer rams you don't pinch your cab. It will have to be heavily welded since you will be basically extending the whole blade and mounts from of the machine. It shouldn't throw your tiller wight off but you may have to consider the overall balance of the machine depending on how much weight you add to the front.
what you will need:
-longer rams you might luck out and be able to find them through northern tool or similar company
-extended front mount
-longer hoses
remount the rams and hoses so they do not get pinched when you add the new range of motion.

The welds are the key and if done even slightly below perfect you will probably rib the blade off once you start pushing a lot of snow.

Best of luck. Sounds like a fun project. The 275 are nice to operate in the park.
mtnventures31

Postby butnutjibber on 26 Apr 2011, 22:06

yep br's were made in '94. just looking at the quick and easy: the curl ram looks like there is about 6" left of travel which really only translates to 3" but even that would b a great help. has bombardier ever made a replacement ram to utilize that extra space. There is a bison in our future fingers crossed. but id like to find out what can be done with the br for now.
butnutjibber

Postby mtnventures31 on 06 May 2011, 10:07

I am not sure if Bombardier directly makes an extended ram but you could look into the ram specs of what you need and I am sure there is a ram made that would fit that space. You could luck out and find a ram off of construction or forestry equipment which you allow you to pick the ram up on the cheap.
mtnventures31

Return to Terrain Park Operations