Member Introductions

Re: Member Introductions

Postby tuckermtn on 01 Feb 2009, 19:08

guess I'll chime in and introduce myself...I'm making the transition from riding in the right seat to taking the sticks tomorrow night- been riding along for 40 hrs and hope I can keep all the buttons straight. Slope grooming with a few year old BR 350 at a mid-sized New Hampshire Mtn. Pretty psyched. Have lots of tracked machine time (ASV 4810 MTL) but most of that has been with the attachment out front- not behind.

In my other life I am a sole proprietor of a specialized forestry services company- http://www.tuckermtn.com - logging, forestry mowing/mulching. Wood business is slow these days (think no new housing starts) so hoping to add another skill to the skill-set.

Main passion in life is maple sugaring. two seasons in my mind- sugaring and getting ready for sugaring. We make 100+ gallons of syrup per year on a wood-fired evaporator. mostly sell by word of mouth...My wife considers herself a maple widow when our season is in full swing. Our season starts in 3-4 weeks here in NH. Late febuary to early April.

Glad to have a forum like this as I'm sure I'll have a few questions for the seasoned folks on here...

thanks much..

Eric Johnson aka tuckermtn
tuckermtn
Operator

Postby Griff on 07 Feb 2009, 12:05

My name is Jason Griffin. I am the Terrain Park/Mountain Adventure Park Manager at Jiminy Peak. I've been in the ski industry for 20 years this October. I've been making snow forever, but got into parks five years ago. I've been grooming since '93 (back in the LMC 3700 days). We are strictly Pisten Bully now. I do most of the building here, and love doing it. If I just had a tazer that I could whack the park rangers with when I am trying to build, and they are trying to push their own agendas; I would call it a dream job. But until then..........................Cutters Camp attendee last May in Oregon. I am glad that there is finally a networking site for cat operators. Great idea!!!
Griff
Mountain/Resort Management

Postby stuckinjunk on 07 Feb 2009, 14:31

hey guys

my names Ryan frechette Ive been grooming at mt cranmore in north Conway NH for 2 years now riding in cats since i was small my fathers been grooming at the mountain for 11+ years iam just trying to learn as many disciplines to the job as i can iam a full time mobile equipment student also.
stuckinjunk
Operator

Postby MtnDoo on 12 Feb 2009, 12:35

Hey All,

Glad to see a new site on grooming.
My name is Corey, and I live in Crested Butte, Colorado. No real formal grooming experience to speak of, other than taking our Snowmobile club cat out a few times (2003 BR2000 aka "Crazy Ivan") and a CSA Prinoth seminar, but have read a lot about them and have several friends with lots of experience in them. I'm looking to acquire a used cat for back-country access to our cabin in Irwin, Colorado where we get 600-700" of snow/year. Ideally seeking a used 2005-2007 BR350, or a similar Pisten Bully.

Look fwd to asking lots of questions, and questioning lots of answers!

MtnDoo
MtnDoo

Postby grandhavenski on 13 Feb 2009, 17:25

Hey everyone, im a groomer/ park designer from Michigan at a small local hill called mulligans hollow. Its pretty much just a bunny hill and four other tow ropes that are purely devoted to park. For a small hill we get alot of traffic from the locals. Ive been doing the park there for four years and began to groom this year.
grandhavenski
Operator

Postby PR#1 on 10 Mar 2009, 20:29

Patrick - Nice site and from what I've seen it's going to be a big hit. My name is Tony Roberts and I'm the Prinoth Sales Manager for New England. I have been in the ski industry going on 24 years now. I grew up in Carson City, NV. where I started with LMC in 1985 as a Service Tech. Moved to Lake Tahoe and went to work for Sierra Ski Ranch which is now Sierra @ Tahoe as the Shop Foreman, had a short visit at Sugarbowl before coming to work for Prinoth in Reno. Moved on to Salt Lake City where I was a Service Tech then promoted to Service Manager for 7 years. Made the big move to New Hampshire in 2003 to help start up our Regional Distribution Center. As I have been around so to speak I have had the oppertunity to see many different snow conditions and grooming programs unique to each region of the country. I have spent countless hours on both sides of the cab (quite a few under it as well) and continue to operate when time allows. I look forward to adding positive honest input and I am always available for questions.
Last edited by PR#1 on 11 Mar 2009, 04:30, edited 1 time in total.
Tony Roberts
PRINOTH
PR#1
Manufacturer

Postby Jimski on 10 Mar 2009, 22:07

My name is Jim Grewe, I am Rep for the Pistenbully dealer in the intermountain region. I was raised at the local ski hill, spent way too many hours in the jump seat of 3700C. I worked my way through college in the seat of a PB200, and spent my summers in the service shop. I went to school on the Nick Badami Memorial scholarship, and felt inclined to stay in the industry. I think this is a great forum. I look forward to sharing and learning.
Bleed Red.
Jimski
Manufacturer

Postby skigroomer on 25 Mar 2009, 20:23

Hello,
My name is David and i curently work at Attitash in Bartlett, NH. I started my carrer in the ski industry when i was 18 where I worked at Nashoba Valley in Westford, MA as a Lift Operator. The following year at Nashoba i was promoted to Night Lifts Supervisor were I was for 4 years. I then went to Green Mtn. College for the Resort Management program at Killington in VT. There I worked in the Lift Operations department for the winter as a Team Leader while i attended school. After getting out of school I went and worked at Cranmore Mtn. in North Conway, NH. I was hired at Cranmore as the Lift Operations Manager. After that winter i decided to apply over at Attitash in the Grooming dept. I have been grooming at Attitash for 4 years now. I have learned a lot from the guys that I work with. I am now the Asst. Grooming Supervisor at Attitash. We have mostly BR350's and including a new PB400. During the summer months I work at Story Land as the Asst. Guest Support & Ride Operations Coordinator. I have been at Story Land for 7 years now and have learned a lot.

David
skigroomer
Operator

Postby PrinothPro on 05 Aug 2009, 22:01

Hello, my name is Zach and worked at The Canyons, Utah for 3 years. Learned lot and plans on grooming and sticking with ski industry for rest of my life. I plan to go to green mountain college up in Killington, VT someday and work in new england ski resorts.
PrinothPro
Operator

Postby Micio on 26 Aug 2009, 21:19

Hey everybody! My name is Rob Willhoff. I just started the Ski Area Operations program at CMC in Leadville! I interested in all operations on the mountain but especially Grooming. This website seems to be an excellent source of info for someone in my situation, thanks to all that contribute!
Micio

PreviousNext

Return to General Snowcat Discussion