Member Introductions

Re: Member Introductions

Postby owen44138 on 10 Feb 2014, 10:59

Hi, My name is Owen Minnis
I'm 27 years old, from the suburbs of Cleveland, Ohio. I'm an engineering technology student at Ohio State, a part time equipment operator in construction and have loved heavy equipment my whole life. I have also been a skier for the last 12 years. I stumbled on this site in search of information for an analysis project (See my post in the main discussion forum). I have also given some thought to becoming a groomer operator, so I'll take any advice anyone's willing to throw at me with regard to that as well.
Cheers.
owen44138

Postby curtisheinz57 on 16 May 2014, 21:53

Hi! My name is Curtis. I am a snowcat operator at Alpental which is part of the Summit At Snoqualmie. I operate a Sherpa winch and a PB 400. I have been running cats for 6 seasons goin on 7. This was my first year at Alpental, I worked at Mammoth for 5 years. I like 12 hour snow making shifts, 15 hour grooming shifts, PBR in the parking lot and on the hill after work.
curtisheinz57

Postby admin on 18 May 2014, 22:53

curtisheinz57 wrote:Hi! My name is Curtis. I am a snowcat operator at Alpental which is part of the Summit At Snoqualmie. I operate a Sherpa winch and a PB 400. I have been running cats for 6 seasons goin on 7. This was my first year at Alpental, I worked at Mammoth for 5 years. I like 12 hour snow making shifts, 15 hour grooming shifts, PBR in the parking lot and on the hill after work.

Welcome to the board, Curtis! Snowmaking, grooming, and beer......... life doesn't get much better! :D
Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance
Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Postby TTM on 28 May 2014, 00:28

Hi All
I'm the president of a small snowmobile club in Cariboo Mts in the northern interior of British Columbia, Canada. We have a 1999 BR-180 with a late model mogual master to groom our snowmobile trails in which we receive up to 10-12 feet of snow annually. After getting to know and operate the machine I was looking to a forum group that could help out with questions and as a new operator I might have alot! We lost some grooming time near the end of the season due to a break down but got some well overdue service and we are now looking foward to a full season of grooming.

I hope to be able to draw on the experiance of the forum to help with operations and service advice.

Thanks

TTM
TTM

Postby admin on 02 Jun 2014, 09:44

Welcome to the board, TTM! Things are a little slow around here, but someone will usually chime in to help out when you have a question.

Enjoy learning the art!
Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Postby PB400Fan on 07 Oct 2014, 16:37

Hello, I'm PB400Fan

I grew up in the small hills of New York, as soon as I got out of school, I took the first grooming job I could find in VT and now spend winters up there

This upcoming winter will be my 5th in a cat. I have run BR 350s, bisons and Bison X as well as PB 400s and 400 parks. If I had a choice, i'd definitely choose PB

Also, I snowboard a lot. Usually about 80-120 days per year. I love grooming all night and then getting on the first chair in the morning and riding fresh corduroy (or powder after a storm).
PB400Fan

Postby admin on 07 Oct 2014, 16:45

Welcome to the board, PB400Fan! :D

I tend to be partial to red cats myself, though my entire fleet is yellow. But... they all get the job done, and each has its strengths and weaknesses.

Hope you have a good season in VT. I'll be honest, I do miss some things about Vermont (I was at Sugarbush for 4 years); but I like grooming out here better!
Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Postby summergroomer on 26 Oct 2014, 16:54

Hello fellow snow artists! My name is Jesse I am currently alpine grooming manager at TImberline resort located at beautiful Mt. Hood Oregon. I have been involved in the ski industry since 1999 and grooming since 2009. Iam always looking for tips/tricks to further produce a amazing surface for our guests and love to pass on knowledge given to me from other painters of the white canvas. Hope you all have more snow then you know what to do with this year, and I look forward to many deep thought provoking discussion to come on this site :)
summergroomer

Postby admin on 26 Oct 2014, 21:15

summergroomer wrote:Hello fellow snow artists! My name is Jesse I am currently alpine grooming manager at TImberline resort located at beautiful Mt. Hood Oregon. I have been involved in the ski industry since 1999 and grooming since 2009. Iam always looking for tips/tricks to further produce a amazing surface for our guests and love to pass on knowledge given to me from other painters of the white canvas. Hope you all have more snow then you know what to do with this year, and I look forward to many deep thought provoking discussion to come on this site :)

Welcome to the board!

Please do start some interesting discussions... it's been mighty quiet in here!
Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Postby BombardierFan on 06 Dec 2014, 16:27

Hey guys! My name's Nathaniel and I live and go to school in Massachusetts. I poke around this forum every once and a while but haven't posted anything yet. I've wanted to become a snowmaker/cat operator for several years now. I'm trying to make myself a more appealing candidate for the job. I've done ride alongs at Killington, VT and Winter Park, CO. I don't have any heavy equipment operating experience but I do landscaping and can run zero turn mowers and will be plowing snow with a utility tractor this winter. I am also learning to weld. If anyone has any other advice for me I would love to know! This is a great forum and I love reading through the threads.
BombardierFan

PreviousNext

Return to General Snowcat Discussion