Member Introductions

Re: Member Introductions

Postby Lyndy on 27 Feb 2017, 11:30

Hi guys!

My name's Lyndon, I live in Thunder Bay, Ontario and I'm a molecular biologist by day, and a ski hill worker by night/weekend! I am a groomer operator, mechanic, snowmaker, and ski patroller at Mount Baldy Ski Area, a local hill. We have 10 runs, nordic trails, and cross country trails.

We have a small crew but it keeps it fun! We're a family-owned and family-oriented ski hill with a close-knit group of workers, rec skiers, patrollers, members, locals, and racers. It's a great family to be a part of.

As for equipment, we operate a 1982 Bombardier BR400+, a 2000 Bombardier Plus MP, and just picked up a 2012 Prinoth BR350 last week. This has been my first season grooming, with most of it spent in the old 400+. Moving into the BR350 in the last week has been an amazing experience, to say the least! I've learned a ton this year, and I'm excited to continue my education in the grooming department. They're such amazing machines to operate! (and fix...lots of wrenching...)
Lyndy

Postby admin on 01 Mar 2017, 12:29

Welcome aboard, Lyndon!
Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance
Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Postby Yukon on 07 Mar 2017, 16:33

Yukon wrote:What's up guys, interesting to see an online forum for snowcat operators!

My name is Walt, and I'm the Grooming Manager at Stratton Mountain, VT. Hope everyone here is having a great season, and I'll see you around the boards :)

Just thought I'd update this since my job has changed. I left Stratton last fall and went to work for PRINOTH as the new Sales Rep for the Northeast. Hope all is well with everyone here!
Yukon

Previous

Return to General Snowcat Discussion