Hiring woes...

Hiring woes...

Postby admin on 20 Oct 2015, 23:32

Do any other hiring managers find that when you post a job for an experienced operator (say, a level II or III operator with 3+ years experience) you get a ton of applications from people who have never even seen a snowcat, let alone operated? We've experienced that the past couple years. We advertise the job, explicitly requiring a set number of years of experience, and specific skill sets, and then we get a bunch of applications from so-called "equipment operators," or "passionate riders" who are willing to learn, etc. As our VP Mt Ops puts it, when you advertise for a groomer, "everyone's a groomer". :roll: :lol:
Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance
Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Re: Hiring woes...

Postby PB400Fan on 21 Oct 2015, 11:36

The pay rate in the ski industry is horrible and as a result inexperienced operators don't hang around long enough to become experienced operators and experienced operators leave to do other things and make more $. Unless things change, which they likely won't it's probably always going to be that way and just continue to get worse.
PB400Fan

Postby admin on 21 Oct 2015, 14:56

You have a point re: wages. I guess I was just more amused by the number of applicants who, either knowingly or not, blatantly ignore the job requirements.
Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance
Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Postby Yukon on 23 Oct 2015, 10:03

admin wrote:I guess I was just more amused by the number of applicants who, either knowingly or not, blatantly ignore the job requirements.

This happens....A LOT.
Yukon

Return to General Snowcat Discussion