Another season is on the way... the snow is starting!

Another season is on the way... the snow is starting!

Postby admin on 24 Sep 2013, 20:38

Snow has started in Colorado. May not last long, but it won't be long before the c-bars and rollers will be out.

Yesterday morning at the "office":

Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance
Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Re: Another season is on the way... the snow is starting!

Postby smurfvt on 26 Sep 2013, 18:02

Not grooming at nebra-ski Patrick? Cheers! Say hello to the family for me!
Grooming has its ups & downs: first you go up, then you go down, then you go up...
smurfvt
Operator

Postby admin on 27 Sep 2013, 00:25

smurfvt wrote:Not grooming at nebra-ski Patrick? Cheers! Say hello to the family for me!

Haha, no... back in the ski biz in Colorado. Spent two wonderful years in seminary, and determined that that's not where I'm meant to be for the rest of my life. So yeah, I'll be back in the cat this winter a few nights a week. I'm officially IT Director, but I'll probably get 3 nights in the seat each week.

Hope all is well in N. Fayston. Tell Larry I send my best! You guys both still grooming at Ellen?
Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Postby smurfvt on 27 Sep 2013, 18:51

Yessir! Gramps says he's retiring this year! (I'll believe it when I see it, he's been saying that for ten years now!). Rumor has it we both get brandy new 600's this year! Something about the suits are sick of us being grumpy all the time! Cheers!
Grooming has its ups & downs: first you go up, then you go down, then you go up...
smurfvt
Operator

Postby admin on 27 Sep 2013, 19:45

smurfvt wrote:Yessir! Gramps says he's retiring this year! (I'll believe it when I see it, he's been saying that for ten years now!). Rumor has it we both get brandy new 600's this year! Something about the suits are sick of us being grumpy all the time! Cheers!

WOW! NEW machines???? Geez....... I never thought it could happen, but I couldn't be happier! Sticks, I hope??? Still working with 63 as the winch machine?

I'll be in an 05 BR350 most of the season, with some pre-season work in an old 275. Older, but still good machines. We'll probably be making a switch in the "red" direction in the relatively near future (a season or two out, I suspect).

If Gramps actually retires, we need to throw a huge party. I'll fly back east for it in a heartbeat.
Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Postby cbender on 05 Nov 2013, 12:56

Hey Patrick, I am going on my second week @ Copper and the grooming has been great. I even got to assist Doppelmeyer by using my winch to string the wire rope on one of our new lifts! We ended up with three new 400s and the offer is always open for a ride along. Hope things went well with the community meeting.
Curt Bender

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of acreage is forgotten"
cbender
Educator

Postby admin on 05 Nov 2013, 21:37

cbender wrote:Hey Patrick, I am going on my second week @ Copper and the grooming has been great. I even got to assist Doppelmeyer by using my winch to string the wire rope on one of our new lifts! We ended up with three new 400s and the offer is always open for a ride along. Hope things went well with the community meeting.

Sounds like fun, Curt! So Copper is going Dopp??? Thought most of their newer gear was Poma?

Community meeting went very well, and it's setting up to be a great season. You should stop out when you have a little time. We'd love to show you some of the projects we're in the middle of.

Three new cats? Nice! I may have to take you up on the ride along offer sometime. I miss dangling from a winch cable! As you know, we don't do much winching here :wink: But I have spent some quality cat time the past few days packing the fresh snow, trying to set up a base. It's looking good up there (pix from 11/5):

Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Postby Canadianbombar on 13 Nov 2013, 18:40

Where are you this season Patrick?? Looks pretty darn thin to be dragging a tillers?!? I can hear the tooooing sound of tine hitting boulder just looking at the pics...lol ! :D
Canadianbombar
Operator

Postby admin on 14 Nov 2013, 23:10

Canadianbombar wrote:Where are you this season Patrick?? Looks pretty darn thin to be dragging a tillers?!? I can hear the tooooing sound of tine hitting boulder just looking at the pics...lol ! :D

C-Bar, my friend. I know better than to drag a tiller around in that!

I'm at Ski Cooper in Leadville. Officially, I'm the Director of IT. I'll be in the cat plenty though (probably 3-4 nights a week), since the IT work is primarily summer projects, and winter babysitting and tech support. Even now I'm wearing all sorts of hats (drywall finisher, painter, vinyl cutter/sign maker, cat operator, handbook writer, etc.).

How are things in your neck of the woods, Canadianbombar?
Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin on 18 Nov 2013, 20:19

Today's action (C-Bar again, CanadianBombar... don't worry!!! :wink: )

Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Snowcat Discussion