CSC Conference

CSC Conference

Postby Tom400CFI on 18 Apr 2012, 13:19

For those who didn't make it, CSC Conference was great. This year, was my first year going. I wasn't even aware of the conference when I lived in UT, so it was new to me and I was keen on learning about it.

The classes and discussions were very good quality, I felt. I thought that Cbender did a fantastic job of discussing low snow techniques and practices...very good presentation. The winch class was interesting, with several resorts expressing a common challenge of dealing with people basically trespassing and putting themselves in danger in closed terrain/close proximity to winching operations. It really does blow my mind that people can read or acknowledge a closed situation...then proceed right into that very situation will no further thought. Amazing to me.

It was great and good to see the conference first hand. I will definiltey advocate for my crews to go next year, and going forward, as I truly believe that there is great value in the conference. Great to meet a lot of folks that I've heard about, but never met...I enjoyed all of it. I hope that we can increase participation in the years to come. The event has tons of potential, I feel.
Tom400CFI
Mountain/Resort Management

Re: CSC Conference

Postby Canadianbombar on 10 May 2012, 01:22

Doesn't surprise me one bit. I've had people look up..see me coming on a cat track...and then continue walking toward me in the middle of said track dragging reluctant (smarter) children. I really don't understand how more people in this world don't get hit by trains. My best guess on the entire phenominon is it's entirely possible a very, very, high percentage of the skiing populations is just f$%$^ stupid. My father told me this when I was younger based on his observations watching people in the ski area parking lot waiting for me. "I don't think I've ever seen a stupider bunch of people in my life....they just walk into cars damaging them with their equipment and then continue on like that's normal!?!" :?
Canadianbombar
Operator

Return to General Snowcat Discussion