Getting into the operators trade - Rookie

Getting into the operators trade - Rookie

Postby ScottyMB on 23 Jan 2012, 09:41

Hi,

I've been scanning the internet and this forum seems the best and most friendly source of information about SnowCat operators. It has really inspired me and grown my interest in the job.

I'm from the UK, so as you all know, snow is very rare around here, 1 inch will get the country in a stand still!

I've lived on a farm all my life, and have operated my fair share of heavy equipment at my age. I've a keen interest in heavy equipment operations and especially skiing and snow. I'll also be completing a degree in Aerospace engineering, not relevant, to the job I know, but before I delve into a office job in a large company I would like to have a couple of years chasing my dreams and enjoy my life!

Therefore I've been looking into SnowCat operators for the winter season, but there is little info on the web on how to secure this job.

Would any of you be able to give me any advice on this?

Many Thanks,

Scotty
ScottyMB

Re: Getting into the operators trade - Rookie

Postby cbender on 02 Feb 2012, 14:33

Where are you contemplating going to get your cat operating experience? Once you identify this, some on this discussion board might have contacts for you.
Curt Bender

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of acreage is forgotten"
cbender
Educator

Re: Getting into the operators trade - Rookie

Postby ScottyMB on 05 Feb 2012, 12:49

Preferably North America, in the Colorado area or California. Thanks
ScottyMB

Return to General Snowcat Discussion