Snowcat Simulator (Realistic Controls)

Snowcat Simulator (Realistic Controls)

Postby Skier1900 on 25 Nov 2011, 10:18

Hi Guys,
First off let me state that grooming has got to be one heck of a cool job! I am interested in using a simulator to accurately, or at least somewhat accurately represent the controls of a cat. I have a left over joystick and large throttle from flight simulation. Each of these has their main axes along with multiple sliders, buttons, and 8-way switches. I could also possibly find a steering wheel and/or pedals if this is needed. I am looking for a basic run down of the controls in a Pistenbully or possibly a Prinoth. I have found some good videos online, but they all are in German...
Thanks for any help,
Jack
Skier1900

Re: Snowcat Simulator (Realistic Controls)

Postby Kirill on 25 Nov 2011, 12:08

If you mean Snowcat Simulator the simulation of the cat is not very accurate. I have to say it is terrible! So realistic controls are about nothing.
Kirill

Re: Snowcat Simulator (Realistic Controls)

Postby Skier1900 on 25 Nov 2011, 22:12

Thanks for the reply,
I realize that whatever platform I use, Ski Region/Snow Cat simulator, being one possibility, is not going to be very good. I am hoping to have realistic physical controls to make it seem at least real functionally even if the simulator is a long ways from realistic, if you get what I mean.
Jack
Skier1900

Return to General Snowcat Discussion