Fuel consumption, economy, modifications, etc.

Re: 4th of July Parade...

Postby Canadianbombar on 10 Dec 2010, 00:09

Anyone else doing some interesting tweaking to maximize GPH? Patrick? This July 4 thread kind morphed from it's original topic. Maybe Mr. Torsell could break the last half of it off into a Maximizing GPH thread and we'll get some more input into this from others.
Canadianbombar
Operator

Re: 4th of July Parade...

Postby Tom400CFI on 10 Dec 2010, 00:43

^Good idea.^
Tom400CFI
Mountain/Resort Management

Re: Fuel consumption, economy, modifications, etc.

Postby Canadianbombar on 20 Dec 2010, 10:09

Thanks Patrick. You guys doing anything above and beyond to conserve fuel at the Bush?
Canadianbombar
Operator

Re: Fuel consumption, economy, modifications, etc.

Postby admin on 20 Dec 2010, 12:32

Canadianbombar wrote:Thanks Patrick. You guys doing anything above and beyond to conserve fuel at the Bush?

Not yet, but I've brought it up. We may try some things here and there. I tend to make it a challenge to myself every night to keep my fuel consumption down. A lot of guys like to get in the machines and crank the tillers up to 100% speed. I prefer to go with the lowest speed that still leaves an aesthetically pleasing, skiable, homogeneous surface. Makes a big difference on fuel. I also run at the lowest end of the "economy" rpms on the bullies, and run the BR350 as low as I can. Now that we're getting into full-time normal ops, I'll keep a personal log of fuel consumption for my own analysis/calculations. I'll share results as I try different things.
Patrick Torsell
Forum Admin
patrick@slopegroomer.com

Director of Marketing, IT, & Slope Maintenance
Ski Cooper, Colorado

admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Snowcat Discussion